Fonts-TLWG (formerly ThaiFonts-Scalable) is a collection of Thai scalable fonts available in free licenses. Its goal is to provide fonts that conform to existing standards and recommendations, so that it can be a reference implementation.
So, the fonts have to be modified from their original versions as needed, according to following references:
- Recommendation for Thai font design, from the National Font Project
- Adobe Glyph naming convention
- Microsoft Typography
- Common practice for Thai Windows fonts
We use FontForge (formerly PfaEdit ) as the development tool. You need it to generate fonts from the downloaded source.
See the Font Samples page.
- FTP: ftp://linux.thai.net/pub/thailinux/software/fonts-tlwg
- SVN: fonts-tlwg is now in TLWG Public SVN Server at
http://linux.thai.net/svn/software/fonts-tlwg. More information about TLWG SVN Service is available.
- Precompiled fonts: ftp://linux.thai.net/pub/thailinux/software/thai-ttf
This package collects Thai scalable fonts available in free licenses. See individual fonts for their licenses.
We are going to do these for release 0.6.0:
- Minority languages support
We use thai-linux-foss-devel mailing list as our communication channel for thaifonts-scalable development.
- FontForge -- Outline font editor
- TTX -- From TrueType to XML and Back
- Mensis -- To or for, by, with or from TrueType Tables