A collection of Thai scalable fonts available in free licenses
Changes from 0.6.1
- Add Preferred Family/Subfamily so OS can distinguish between Oblique and Italic shapes.
- Use 'Regular' weight in all fonts for non-bold/light.
- Validate all fonts and fix problems reported by the validator.
- Explicitly set OS/2 version to 4 on all fonts.
- Full support for Patani Malay in all fonts.
- Support automated WOFF generation.
- On-line web fonts for embedding in web sites
Changes from 0.6.0
- New font: Laksaman (Sarabun derivative).
- Split fontconfig files to allow individual fonts installation.
- LaTeX options for setting default fonts.
Changes from 0.5.1
- Supports more combinations of vertical mark stacking, for ethnic languages.
- Umpush Light can now be used with LaTeX.
- Spline clean-ups in several fonts.
Changes from 0.5.0
- Add missing glyphs for LaTeX in monospace fonts.
- Fix malformed fontconfig config. [Thanks Akira Tagoh for the report, Daiki Ueno for the notification.]
- Add glyphs for Esperanto to Purisa. [Thanks Pablo Busto for the patch.]
- Switch to XZ tarball compression.
Changes from ThaiFonts-Scalable 0.4.17
- Project is renamed to "fonts-tlwg".
- More consistent directory names for LaTeX installation.
- CTAN TDS zip is now complete in a single file, with source.
- LaTeX fonts building is now self-contained, no more build-dependency on thailatex.
- Supports more LaTeX escape sequences.
- More Latin glyphs in all fonts.
- Fine-tuned Latin glyphs for Loma and Umpush.
- Corrected GSUB rules for Pali-Sanskrit descender removal in all fonts.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes in fonts.
Changes from 0.4.16
- Build-depends on ThaiLaTeX and uses the shared resource from there.
- Supports automated distributed ZIP preparation for CTAN upload.
- Other cleanups.
Changes from 0.4.15
- Fix GSUB rules to correctly remove YO YING descender when combined with both lower and upper characters, e.g. ญุ่นปี่, ขฺญุํ.
- Legacy X font dir creation, and thus build-dependency on xfonts-utils, is now optional. To enable it, use
--enable-xfontsdir configure option.
- Add LaTeX fonts generation, based on ThaiLaTeX implementation. To enable it, use
--enable-latex configure option. Fonts will be removed from ThaiLaTeX soon.
Changes from 0.4.14
- Corrected widths of Latin accented characters for Garuda.
- Get rid of improper "TM" ligature which was replaced with a girl face in Purisa (LP #680464)
- Corected glyph name for uacute in Purisa (Debian #608134)
- Long-outdated and unmaintained RPM spec is now removed.
Changes from 0.4.13
- TlwgTypist bold faces are now overlap-free just like TlwgTypo.
- Fix Tahoma/MS Sans Serif fallback rules to not affect non-Thai environments. (LP: #434054, LP: #539008,)
- Improved Garuda glyphs, now with regular stem width.
Changes from 0.4.12
- Fix DTD conformance in fontconfig file. (LP: #387872)
- More thinkness for bold faces of TlwgTypo and TlwgTypist families.
- Fix spline direction in several fonts. (LP: #313427)
- Add variation faces to Purisa.
- Improve hints for diagonal stems.
- Improve building system.