Somewhat belated announcement, but better than never. ThaiLaTeX has been decomposed and pushed into mainstream.
Here is how its components go:
- Emacs support has been dropped, as it's outdated and unmaintained. See the discussion (in Thai).
- Hyphenation patterns have been integrated into
- Babel definition has been transformed into
babel-thaias part of
Currently, the source for hyphenation patterns have not been moved to
hyph-utf8 yet. But after TeX Live 2013 is released, there is a plan to move it there. But
babel-thai will still be maintained here in TLWG SVN and released directly to CTAN.
Therefore, here is also an announcement for babel-thai 1.0.0.
Changes from ThaiLaTeX 0.5.1
- Drop outdated and unmaintained Emacs support.
- Fix bug when using Thai number in section-less doc classes.
- Limit scope of emergencystretch within Thai language.
thaiindentfirstoption to force indenting section's first paragraph. (Thanks to Pruet Boonma for the contribution.)
- Drop obsolete
- Hyphenation patterns are moved to
- Babel definition now goes to
babel-thai continues being maintained at the old ThaiLaTeX SVN. So, you can checkout the source for
babel-thai 1.0.0 here:
$ svn co http://linux.thai.net/svn/software/thailatex/tags/r_1_0_0 \ thailatex-1.0.0
For TeX Live users, you should be able to get
babel-thai from the
lang-other component since version 2013 (to be released soon).