Fonts-TLWG (formerly ThaiFonts-Scalable) is a collection of Thai scalable fonts available in free licenses. Its goal is to provide fonts that conform to existing standards and recommendations, so that it can be a reference implementation.
So, the fonts have to be modified from their original versions as needed, according to following references:
- Recommendation for Thai font design, from the National Font Project
- Adobe Glyph naming convention
- Microsoft Typography
- Common practice for Thai Windows fonts
We use FontForge (formerly PfaEdit ) as the development tool. You need it to generate fonts from the downloaded source.
See the Font Samples page.
This package collects Thai scalable fonts available in free licenses. See individual fonts for their licenses.
- Precompiled fonts: https://linux.thai.net/pub/thailinux/software/fonts-tlwg/fonts/
Fonts-TLWG is currently maintained at GitHub.
We use thai-linux-foss-devel mailing list as our communication channel for Fonts-TLWG development.
- FontForge -- Outline font editor
- TTX -- From TrueType to XML and Back
- Mensis -- To or for, by, with or from TrueType Tables